What You'll See
For your enjoyment, this exhibition is a body of work rendered in Low Key lighting in an attempt to replicate the chiaroscuro style (literally clear-dark, referring to contrast between light and dark) reminiscent of the Old Masters from the Italian Renaissance period. To add further interest, many of the images are presented in an Audubonesque setting using fonts similar to that which were seen on the original prints over a hundred and fifty years ago.
- November 11th through November 14th. Six images from "Botanical Review" were presented at the Holladay Arts Council's 2010 Fall Art Exhibit . Winner of "Peoples Choice Award"
- May 15st through May 31st, 2009: "Botanical Review" was presented at Red Butte Garden Visitors Center.
- May 8th through May 10th, 2009: "Bonsai Review" was presented at Red Butte Garden Visitors Center in conjunction with the Bonsai Show.
- March 2nd through March 31st, 2009: "Botanical Review" was displayed in the Gallery at Lamb's Grill, 169 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT.
- July 17th through September 16th, 2008: "Botanical Review" in the Gallery at Evolutionary Healthcare.
- September 29th through October 12th, 2008: "Botanical Review" was presented at Red Butte Garden Visitors Center in conjunction with the Cracking Open the World – Stone Sculpture Exhibit.
- September 26th through September 28th, 2008: "Bonsai Review" was presented at Red Butte Garden Visitors Center in conjunction with the Bonsai Show.
- September 5th, 2008: McDermott Photography donated a framed 24" x 32" Prostrate Juniper Bonsai print for the fourth annual Head Start Bloom 2008 Auction which benefits Salt Lake CAP Head Start.